This article will explain how to setup our DNS-over-VPN feature on an Apple iPhone.
DNS-over-VPN using PPTP is not supported on the latest iOS 10 due to the removal of the PPTP protocol by Apple. We are testing the L2TP protocol on our Melbourne DNS server (184.108.40.206). You will need to use the Shared Secret 1234567890 if you want to try this out.
Before you begin, use the web browser on your iPhone to login to your Getflix account and ensure your IP address is registered (and that the IP address status check passes). You will only be able to connect to our VPN servers if your IP address is registered.
Note: If you are using a 3G/4G connection to access Getflix, your IP address may change frequently. You will need to access the Getflix website from your iPhone each time before connecting to the VPN.
Tap on the Settings icon, go to the General section, then tap on the VPN item.
Tap on the Add VPN Configuration link.
Click on the PPTP tab at the top of the screen.
Using a web browser, navigate to the "Setup" section on the Getflix website. Locate your closest "VPN Enabled" DNS server.
- In the Server box, enter the address of your closest "VPN Enabled" DNS server.
- Set the Description to something like "Getflix DNS VPN".
Using a web browser, navigate to the "VPN" section in your Getflix account. Then using the details on that page, fill out the form as follows:
- In the Account box, enter the value displayed next to "VPN Username".
- In the Password box, enter the value displayed next to "VPN Password".
- Turn the Send All Traffic option OFF.
- Make sure the Proxy option is OFF.
Tap on "Save" to continue.
Slide the switch ON to connect to the VPN. A small "VPN" icon should appear in the status bar at the top of the screen.
If you login to your Getflix account now, the DNS test should pass and services should be unblocked on this iPhone.
If the VPN connection fails, see the troubleshooting tips below.
Once you're done, slide the switch OFF to turn off the VPN.
You can connect and disconnect at anytime using the VPN switch at the top of the Settings menu.
There are several reasons that the VPN connection will fail. Here are some things to check.
- Ensure that your IP address is registered on the Getflix website.
- Ensure that no other device is connected to our VPN using your account, only 1 concurrent VPN connection per account is permitted.
If the VPN connection still fails, please log a ticket with our support team for assistance.