OpenVPN Setup Instructions for Ubuntu - Getflix FullVPN
Ubuntu Network-Manager OpenVPN Setup Guide for Getflix FullVPN
This guide is written using Ubuntu 14.04 as an example, but should be able to be used on many other Linux distributions that use a recent version of Gnome Network Manager. You should ensure the network-manager-openvpn and/or network-manager-openvpn-gnome packages are installed.
Before we begin, you need to Activate your VPN account from your Getflix > Manage > VPN panel. In order to do this login to https://www.getflix.com.au/manage/vpn and turn Full VPN On.
1. Click the Network icon on your panel > Configure VPN
2. Click Add > OpenVPN
3. Check authentication type “Password” and fill in the "Connection Name" as any friendly name you like; i.e."Getflix VPN". Enter server network address you want to connect to "Gateway" and your VPN account username/password to "User name". Be sure to leave the password field empty. Select file with CA Certificate. You can download CA Certificate here.
4. Click Advanced:
- Check "Use custom gateway port" and enter the port number 1194 (recommended), 443, 80 or 53.
- Check “Use custom renegotiation interval” and enter the number 0.
- Check "Use LZO data commpression".
- Check "Use a TCP connection" – this is not recommended because have huge impact on internet speed.
Save the configuration and back out of the menus.
5. Click the NetworkManager icon, and disable and then re-enable networking to force a configuration reload.
Click NetworkManager again, then VPN Connections, nl-am2.serverlocation.co to start a connection. Enter your password when prompted.
And you should now be connected! You can verify your new IP and location with https://www.whatismyip.com/