PPTP Setup Instructions for Ubuntu - Getflix FullVPN
This guide is written using Ubuntu 14.04 as an example, but should be able to be used on many other Linux distributions that use a recent version of Gnome NetworkManager.
Before configure connection you should install network-manager-pptp package.
1. Click the Network icon on your panel > Configure VPN
2. Click Add > Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)
3. Fill in the "Connection Name" as any friendly name you like, i.e.; "Getflix VPN". Enter the server address that you want to get connected to "Gateway". You can find all Getflix global network addresses here. and "User name" fields as below, being sure to leave the password field empty. Your username is provided in your Getflix account VPN > FullVPN section.
4. Click Advanced, untick every authentication method except for MSCHAPv2 and MSCHAP .
- Check "Use Point-to-Point encryption (MPPE)".
- Leave security set to "All Available" (Default).
- Check "Allow stateful encryption".
- Uncheck "Allow BSD Data Compression".
- Uncheck "Allow Deflate Data Compression".
- Uncheck "Use TCP Header Compression".
- Check "Send PPP Echo Packets".
Save the configuration and back out of the menus.
5. Click the NetworkManager icon, and disable and then re-enable networking to force a configuration reload.
Click NetworkManager again, then VPN Connections, nl-am2.serverlocation.co to start a connection. Enter your password when prompted.
And you should now be connected! You can verify your new ip and location with https://www.whatismyip.com/