This article explains how to setup L2TP VPN protocol connection on a MAC OS.
Before we being you need to Activate your VPN account from your Getflix > Manage > VPN panel. In order to do this login to your https://www.getflix.com.au/manage/vpn.
Setting up your MAC OS for VPN L2TP Protocol:
Click on the "+" button to add a new network.
Fill out the form as follows:
- For the Interface option, select "VPN".
- For the VPN Type option, select "L2TP over IPSec".
- In the Service Name box, enter "Getflix VPN".
Click the "Create" button* For above Service Name, you can enter any friendly name as you like. For example if you are setting up connection for UK server, you can enter "Getflix UK" so you will remember you are connecting to UK. You can setup connection of multiple locations to your mac.
Using a web browser, navigate to the "Getflix VPN Server Network List" section on the Getflix Knowledge Base website. Locate your VPN Server that you like to get connected.
- In the Server Address box, enter the address of your choice "VPN" server.
Using a web browser, navigate to the "Manage > VPN" section in your Getflix Management Console. Then using the details on that page, fill out the form as follows:
- In the Account Name box, enter the value displayed next to "VPN Username".
- Make sure Encryption is set to "Automatic (128 or 40 bit)".
Click on the "Authentication Settings" button.
Make sure "Password" is selected and enter your Getflix VPN Password, then click Shared Secret field and enter s3CuREpaSs412 , then click "OK".
Click on the "Advanced" button. On the screen that appears, ensure the "Send all traffic over VPN connection" option is ENABLED.
Check the "Show VPN status in menu bar" option, then click the "Apply" button.
You can now click the "Connect" button and the VPN connection should be established.
You can connect and disconnect at anytime using the options in the menu bar at the top of the screen. If the VPN connection fails, see the troubleshooting tips below.
There are several reasons that the VPN connection will fail. Here are some things to check.
- PPTP protocol might be blocked in your Internet Service Provider connection. Setup L2TP VPN connection. L2TP uses different protocol and encryption layer.
- You might have entered your username or password misspelled, please re-try with COPY/PASTE
If the VPN connection still fails, please log a ticket with our support team for assistance.