This article explains how to setup SSTP VPN protocol connection on a Windows 7 PC.
Before we being you need to Activate your VPN account from your Getflix > Manage > VPN panel. In order to do this login to your https://www.getflix.com.au/manage/vpn.
Setting up your Windows 7 PC for VPN:
Click on the Windows Start button and type "network" in the search box. When the results appear, click on the "Network and Sharing Center" link.
Click on the "Set up a new connection or network" link.
Select the "Connect to a workplace" option, then click "Next".
Select the "No, create a new connection" option, then click "Next".
Click the "Use my Internet connection (VPN)" option.
Using a web browser, navigate to the "Getflix VPN Server Network List" section on the Getflix Knowledge Base website. Locate your VPN Server that you like to get connected.
- In the Internet Address box, enter the address of the vpn server you would like to get connected
- In the Destination Name box, enter "Getflix VPN". Here you can enter more friendly name depending of the servers you like to setup, i.e.; "Getflix Los Angeles", "Getflix Toronto", "Getflix Sydney".
- Select the "Don't connect now; just set it up so I can connect later" option.
Click "Next" to continue.
Using a web browser, navigate to the "Manage > VPN" section in your Getflix Management Console. Then using the details on that page, fill out the form as follows:
- In the User name box, enter the value displayed next to "VPN Username".
- In the Password box, enter the value displayed nest to "VPN Password".
- Select the "Remember this password" option.
Click on the "Create" button.
Don't click "Connect now", click the "Close" button instead.
Go back to the "Network and Sharing Center" screen and select the "Connect to a network" option.
In the bottom corner of your screen, click on "Connect" next to the "Getflix VPN" item.
Click on the "Properties" button.
On the Security tab, change the Type of VPN option to "Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)".
Make sure the "Microsoft CHAP Version 2 (MS-CHAP v2)" option is selected and the the other options are not selected.
On the Networking tab, ensure ONLY the "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" item is enabled (be sure to un-tick the others), then Click "OK" button.
You can now click the "Connect" button and the VPN connection should be established.
You are now connected and all your internet traffic is Encrypted & Secured!
You can connect and disconnect at anytime using the network menu in the system tray. If the VPN connection fails, see the troubleshooting tips below.
There are several reasons that the VPN connection will fail. Here are some things to check.
- SSTP protocol mainly can't be blocked but some ISPs may throttle it's speed. In such cases we suggest you to use OpenVPN VPN protocol and test multiple ports to find the best performing for you.
If the VPN connection still fails, please log a ticket with our support team for assistance.