This article explains how to setup SSTP VPN protocol connection on a Windows 8 PC.
Before we being you need to Activate your VPN account from your Getflix > Manage > VPN panel. In order to do this login to your https://www.getflix.com.au/manage/vpn.
Setting up your Windows 8 PC for SSTP VPN Connection:
Right click on Network icon and choose Open Network and Sharing Center.
Click on the Set up a new connection or network link.
Select the Connect to a workplace option, then click Next.
Using a web browser, navigate to the "Getflix VPN Server Network List" section on the Getflix Knowledge Base website. Locate your VPN Server that you like to get connected.
- In the Internet Address box, enter the address of the vpn server you would like to get connected
- In the Destination Name box, enter "Getflix VPN". Here you can enter more friendly name depending of the servers you like to setup, i.e.; "Getflix Los Angeles", "Getflix Toronto", "Getflix Sydney".
- Select the "Don't connect now; just set it up so I can connect later" option.
Using a web browser, navigate to the "Manage > VPN" section in your Getflix Management Console. Then using the details on that page, fill out the form as follows:
- In the User name box, enter the value displayed next to "VPN Username".
- In the Password box, enter the value displayed nest to "VPN Password".
Click OK. After the connection, you should now see the VPN connection successfully established.
You are now connected and all your internet traffic is Encrypted & Secured!
You can connect and disconnect at anytime using the network menu in the system tray. Simply click on the network icon in the system tray and Networks list will show up right side of your Windows 8 screen. If the VPN connection fails, see the troubleshooting tips below.
There are several reasons that the VPN connection will fail. Here are some things to check.
- L2TP protocol might be blocked in your Internet Service Provider connection. Setup SSTP VPN connection. SSTP uses port 443 and it's not possible to be blocked by ISPs. SSTP also provides better encryption but it's little slower. SSTP is not supported by every Getflix VPN servers. So please make sure to select proper server in your setup.
If the VPN connection still fails, please log a ticket with our support team for assistance.